Monday, August 20, 2007

Flat Collar with tags VS. Micro Chip

Why Micro Chip? Here is the best reason I can think of.....
One of my puppy owners emailed me one day with a story that I found to be troubling. She explained how Rex and Annie were playing like usual when this awful scream came from the dogs, when she ran over to investigate what the problem was she found that Rex had got his lower K9's ( teeth ) caught in Annie's collar and as he puller away she was spinning over which caused her collar to tighten on his teeth and choke her! Connie rushed into action and with someone holding Rex she had to spin Annie the opposite way so to be able to release them from a near fatal accident... Before Annie passed out from lack of oxygen, with her being afraid and not knowing what was happening she bit Connie and thank god the ER doctor knew Connie and Annie and knew that Annie didn't have a mean bone in her body or she may have been labeled a vicious dog, or even worse!
So when considering a Micro Chip remember the danger a flat collar can cause....

No comments:

Welcome

Hi everyone don't forget to have fun, post and check out my blog, and go see my website too!!
http://www.dogpage.us/bigrbre/
Don't forget to post questions I'm sure someone has the answer..
Paula

AKC Responsible Dog Owner Pet Promise

As a dog owner, I promise:

1. I will never overlook my responsibilities for this living being and recognize that my dog's welfare is totally dependent on me.

2. I will always provide fresh water and quality food for my dog.

3. I will socialize my do via exposure to new people, places, and other dogs.

4. I will take pride in my dog's appearance with regular grooming.

5. I will recognize the necessity of basic training by teaching my dog to reliably sit, stay and come when called.

6. I will take my dog to the vet regularly and keep all vaccinations current.

7. I will pick-up and properly dispose of my dog's waste.

8. I will make sure my dog is regarded as an AKC Canine Good Citizen by being aware of my responsibilities to my neighbors and to the community.

9. I will ensure that the proper amount of exercise and mental stimuation appropriate for my dog's age, breed and energy level is provided.

10. I will make certain that my dog is identified with both a collar tag and a microchip and I will adhere to local leash laws.

Pet Portraits

Pet Portraits